Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

what different types of social work work experiences are there?

Im a second year law student and I want to do a postgrad in social work. I have legal experience but only a month long experience in a care home. I intend to apply in September of this year. Unfortunately due to the pandemic its been hard to find any care work so are there any alternatives that helped you when you were applying to this field or something similar?

Favorite Answer

You can try volunteering somewhere. There are opportunities online and some in person. Also not sure where you're located but I believe Truro College has a dual degree in law and social work. SUNY Stony Brook may as well. If you have an interest in the legal aspects, then you can go for a degree in social policy. If you are interested in counseling clients or in eventually doing private practice, then you would go for clinical. For social work, you generally have to do 2 academic years of unpaid internships anyway and then take the ASWB exam to get licensed. 

By September, things will be quite different. You should be able to find experiences in many different types of care facilities. 

probably lots of them, talk to someone in your school about it