Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomLondon · 2 months ago

Should I move to Croydon from East End?

Urgent: Should I stay or go to Croydon or stay in Newham. Im stuck in East London near Essex but I want to go to Croydon as it seems to have a much better vibe and is a cooler place. My job has tied me down to East End/Essex but I want to be far away from Essex. Should I just move to Croydon then look for a job from there? I hate East End and the Essex area.

Favorite Answer

If you hate where you are, then sure - look elsewhere. But it's probably worth looking for a job first.

• ?

Probably not..... if you think where you currently are is bad, anywhere in London these days is considered a massive cackhole (and seriously freakin' expensive).

Certainly best to stay put until the next London Mayor election is out the way, as Sadiq Kahn has been making such a screw-up of the place that even much maligned and mocked towns such as Peterborough, Middlesbrough & Hull are brighter options.

Norwich, York, Leeds, Harrogate, Darlington, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Manchester, Lancaster, Carlisle, Northallerton, Bristol, Bath + Lincoln may be worth a look around on Google Earth / Streetview.

Stay put until you've got a replacement job in the bag prior to moving....

Your choice: I wouldn't live in either location.