Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomOther - United Kingdom · 2 months ago

Will people in the Uk be able to go more local for the vaccine?

It would be near enough a 10 mile round trip with no car so public transport, in very difficult circumstances are any other arrangements made for just going to a near local health centre

Only if a Vaccine is developed that does Not need very cold temperatures

Check with your local GP/Church/Help group to see if there are transport options available, such as local taxi or free lifts from volunteers.   When I get my vaccine in the next few months, the nearest centre to me is 10 miles away, so a 20 mile round trip.  The problem is that some of the vaccines need to be kept at a certain temperature and not everywhere has the facilities.  In time, as the vaccine is refined, it might be better.

I am lucky to have a car, but public transport (which is scarce in my area) would take at least 1hr 22 to get there.

Plenty of people are getting their vaccines at pharmacies, GP surgeries etc. You don't have to travel to one of the larger vaccine centres. 

• RR

Having a vaccine centre 5 miles away is pretty local. I live in a rural area and I had to travel 7 miles, which i think is pretty good.

• Tavy

Yes it's now local in my part of Cornwall. We also have volunteer transport.

Talk to your surgery.

• ?

The letter inviting me for a jab says that my doctor would contact me in due course to offer a Covid vaccination locally if I don't book an appointment on-line for the (not very local) vaccination centre.

Depends where you live