Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomOther - United Kingdom · 2 months ago

Will people in the Uk be able to go more local for the vaccine?

It would be near enough a 10 mile round trip with no car so public transport, in very difficult circumstances are any other arrangements made for just going to a near local health centre

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Only if a Vaccine is developed that does Not need very cold temperatures

• 2 months ago

Check with your local GP/Church/Help group to see if there are transport options available, such as local taxi or free lifts from volunteers.   When I get my vaccine in the next few months, the nearest centre to me is 10 miles away, so a 20 mile round trip.  The problem is that some of the vaccines need to be kept at a certain temperature and not everywhere has the facilities.  In time, as the vaccine is refined, it might be better.

I am lucky to have a car, but public transport (which is scarce in my area) would take at least 1hr 22 to get there.

• 2 months ago

Plenty of people are getting their vaccines at pharmacies, GP surgeries etc. You don't have to travel to one of the larger vaccine centres. 

• RR
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Having a vaccine centre 5 miles away is pretty local. I live in a rural area and I had to travel 7 miles, which i think is pretty good.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes it's now local in my part of Cornwall. We also have volunteer transport.

Talk to your surgery.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The letter inviting me for a jab says that my doctor would contact me in due course to offer a Covid vaccination locally if I don't book an appointment on-line for the (not very local) vaccination centre.

• 2 months ago

Depends where you live

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.