Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 2 months ago

Why does my body demand 12 hours of sleep?

It doesn't have be precisely 12 hours, it can be anything from 10-13 hours. I might wake up during that and I might not. I take Seroquel to help me sleep (prescribed) but I've had this issue since long before being on Seroquel. I'm practically nocturnal with how bad my sleep schedule is. It's almost 7:30am and I'm going to sleep now. Most likely, I'll be getting up at 6:30pm-8pm and that pisses me off because I get less time in my "day". My ideal sleep schedule is be in bed by 2:30am latest and wake up around noon. It's hard to achieve this though when I sleep so long that it makes me not tired when I should sleep. 

Regardless of how long I sleep, I will always be extremely tired. I do attribute this to minimal physical activity during the day and lack of movement but I feel like it's not that. If I wake up before the 12-ish hours and try to stay up, I'll be awake for about an hour and then I'll crash and be nearly falling asleep at my desk. 

I apologize for the messy post and probably insufficient info but I need help with this and I've tried so many things. I sleep through alarms, they don't wake me up 99% of the time. I know that getting into a routine will help but I don't know how to get started if I'm always sleeping for half the day. I don't want my days to only be 7 hours before sleeping just so I can fix my sleep schedule. I already get anxiety about not having enough time to do the stuff I want to.

I need help fixing this as a first step in rehabilitating my life.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Eva
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Talk to a doctor about doing a sleep study.  You shouldn't need to sleep that long and you're going to need professional guidance to break the cycle you've gotten yourself into.  You should also have a work-up to see if there is some deficiency in your system that is making you excessively tired.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes, I'm aware this isn't relevant to personal finance. I have no clue as to why it defaulted to this. I typed it out, half awake, and didn't think about categories.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

unrelated to pf.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.