DERPmeister asked in SportsCycling · 2 months ago

Can you ride your bicycle on St. Pete Beach sand?

Moving to St. Pete FL in June from Phoenix. When we lived in Jacksonville, I was able to ride the cruiser right on the beach. Is the sand hard enough to ride on? I tried google-ing this, but didn't see anyone riding on the sand. 

Favorite Answer

You could get a fat tire bike which was designed to ride on loose dirt and sand.

Source(s): Motorized bicycle owner and builder.

Seriously?  You're asking about a specific geographical location on a website with a very limited number of people who respond.  The chances of someone here having direct knowledge about St Petersburg, FL. are slim & none.  

I agree with Jib Jab.  Pick up the phone and make a few calls.  One-on-one communication often beats the internet.   

Did you really stop & think about this at all?  Google has almost unlimited resources.  The small group that responds to questions in the cycling section number probably less than ten.  And to my knowledge, none of us live remotely close to Florida.  

You want to know who might be able to answer this question?  Someone who lives or works near there!  I'm counting at least twelve bike shops in or near St Petersburg, FL. https://www.google.com/search?tbs=lf:1,lf_ui:10&tb...

Why don't you get off the internet & pick up your phone?  Call a few of those bike shops near the beach.  Someone who actually lives and/or works in that area would be better equipped to answer.  D'OH!