Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 1 week ago

I'm a 20yr old college student majoring in electrical engineering. Should I be learning Python or C++?

I'm a little confused as to which language I should learn. The first class I had to take covered the basics of Python. Then the next class forgets all of that and starts us off with C++.  I don't know which one I should be learning now. Who knows, maybe the next class will abandon C++ and start with Java. I'm an EE student but CS is still a big part of it and I still want to learn it. I feel like I'm leaning more towards Python because it's a lot easier and I've seen numerous articles on why it's the programming language of the future. But idk. I'd like to hear what other people think. Especially another EE.

• 7 days ago

Python is much easier when compared to other Programming language,and its widely used nowadays.Learning C++ ,Java still helps you in understanding OOP's concepts and complicated concepts in programming.

• 1 week ago

You can learn python. It is easy to learn

1 week ago

Python is easier and faster to learn so they are starting you off with that.

C++ is still popular but you should ask the lecturer to switch to Rust because by the time you graduate C++ will be deprecated and Rust will have taken over by then.

• 1 week ago

You should ask your faculty advisor. Unlike us, your faculty advisor is in a position to evaluate how courses work with each other at your particular college, and with your major. 

1 week ago

Python is quite easy to learn. But I think you should start with C++, so that you will get familiar with OOPS concepts which will be very useful while learning python

1 week ago

Good luck bro honestly this sounds kind of sketch a little like trolling but i don't know enough about the topic to write anything other than this and honest just wanted the point.