Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is this a good gaming pc build?

I am trying to build a gaming pc and this is my first time doing so. These are the specs of my desired build.

Computer parts

CPU

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

CPU cooler

Enermax LIQMAX III ARGB 240

Motherboard

GIGABYTE B450M DS3H V2 AM4 AMD B450

Graphics card

EVGA 01G-P3-1556-KR GeForce GTX 550

Ram

GeIL SUPER LUCE RGB SYNC AMD Edition 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200

Power supply

Segotep 600W Power Supply 80 Plus Gold

Ssd

Crucial MX500 500GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5 

Case

DIYPC DIY-S08-PINK Pink USB3.0 Steel / Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, 1 x 120mm Fan x Rear 

I haven’t bought these parts yet except the ryzen 5 5600x. I am hoping these are a good build

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Bill-M
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Two Recommendations:

I would get a larger Power Supply.   800 Watts min.

I would also get a different SSD.  Take a look at the M.2 NVME SSD's  They are faster.

That Motherboard has one M.2 socket.

• David
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Enter your details in PCPartpicker to check for compatibility. If I remember correctly a BIOS update may be needed for B450 chipsets for ryzen 5 CPUs, so confirm with the seller that your board has the latest BIOS  or if not he will flash it to the latest BIOS

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

As far as the individual components are concerned the PSU is a little known brand I would recommend some better branded such as corsair

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Bronze-Certified-Mo...

The GPU is currently discontinued and is a very weak performer, gaming won't be very pleasant with that, the minimum I would recommend is an Nvidia GTX 1060 or 1650. Unfortunately GPU are sky high in price at the moment

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.