Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
Lv 6
? asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

Do parents have an obligation to ensure that their children have a good job?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

NO.And they are under no obligation to pay for things like college tuition, either. Or for their kids' expensive weddings. Parents CHOOSE to do these things. They aren't required to.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Hahahahahahaha, no.  My parents gave me every opportunity, i was a lifeguard for a long time, i was 16, making almost double of the other kids, it was a very good job...for a kid.  I was a bartender for a while after that, clearing $1000 on weekends.  It was a very good job for quick and easy cash.  Not something my parents wanted me to do for a career.  Now i’m a nurse educator.  Working for $50 an hour.  My parents didn’t help me become a nurse though

• 2 months ago

Nope. Parents are obligated in instilling a good work ethic into their kids, but it is up to the kids to find their way in the world and be productive.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes, and make sure they pay you back

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Parents have a duty to provide education to their children within the their own financial limits and it is the duty of the children to study well, prepare themselves to get a job appropriate to their qualifications. and make every efforts to get it..

• 2 months ago

LOL no. Most of us find our own jobs.

• 2 months ago

after you have a baby the only jobs that make sense are healthcare like nurse or doctor and teacher so if they seem to have a knack for one of those you're fine probably. i think you should encourage that they do well in school so they may fall into a successful career/profession but don't kill yourself trying to make a job for them

• L
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Of course not.  A parent's obligation ends once the child is an adult and moves out.  As for jobs...................this is up to the child as to what he or she wants to do.

• Sparky
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

No.

But it is important for parents to ensure that they are pro-active with their childs education, as this helps ensure that the child has a better chance at getting a good job.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

🥴

They gave birth to you. Thats enough. Stop holding mommy and daddys hand and assert yourself. They can guide you but not do the work for you.... unless they need your income so you can pitch in and stop mooching.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.