?
? asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

Do parents have an obligation to ensure that their children have a good job?

NO.And they are under no obligation to pay for things like college tuition, either. Or for their kids' expensive weddings. Parents CHOOSE to do these things. They aren't required to.

• ?

Hahahahahahaha, no.  My parents gave me every opportunity, i was a lifeguard for a long time, i was 16, making almost double of the other kids, it was a very good job...for a kid.  I was a bartender for a while after that, clearing $1000 on weekends.  It was a very good job for quick and easy cash.  Not something my parents wanted me to do for a career.  Now i’m a nurse educator.  Working for $50 an hour.  My parents didn’t help me become a nurse though

Nope. Parents are obligated in instilling a good work ethic into their kids, but it is up to the kids to find their way in the world and be productive.

Yes, and make sure they pay you back

Parents have a duty to provide education to their children within the their own financial limits and it is the duty of the children to study well, prepare themselves to get a job appropriate to their qualifications. and make every efforts to get it..

LOL no. Most of us find our own jobs.

after you have a baby the only jobs that make sense are healthcare like nurse or doctor and teacher so if they seem to have a knack for one of those you're fine probably. i think you should encourage that they do well in school so they may fall into a successful career/profession but don't kill yourself trying to make a job for them

• L

Of course not.  A parent's obligation ends once the child is an adult and moves out.  As for jobs...................this is up to the child as to what he or she wants to do.

• Sparky

No.

But it is important for parents to ensure that they are pro-active with their childs education, as this helps ensure that the child has a better chance at getting a good job.

🥴

They gave birth to you. Thats enough. Stop holding mommy and daddys hand and assert yourself. They can guide you but not do the work for you.... unless they need your income so you can pitch in and stop mooching.