Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 weeks ago

Will the businesses that left Portland due to the BLM riots ever return?

Favorite Answer

The left let the riots and destruction continue when Trump was in office and now they are still not doing anything to help their fellow Democrats in those cities.  Your Vice president stated they're not going to stop and should not because it's a movement. The left don't believe in Law and Order and don't care.  Mean while in other news Biden...

If they have brains no they won't but Portland is libtard land.

The key with blacks is to move as far away from them as possible even if you have to live in an igloo.

• ALBERT

I wonder. All ready because of the virus situation businesses, generally speaking, were not making so much. On top of that they have to close or pay for repairs of theft...I wonder whether the businesses that were affected could get together to organize a class action lawsuit against the city or the governor?

I was in Portland for a week in 2017.  The homeless and street people there are a pandemic in itself. In some areas you had to literally walk in the street because of the number of homeless passed out  or sleeping on the sidewalk at 1 in the afternoon. In a few places the urine actually sat in the gutter like rain puddles. The left wing and the socialists think this is utopia. And now even the worst mind altering and destroying dugs are legal which will make it even more dangerous to be in public. Look at the streets of Portland and you will see what the socialist's really want for 100% of North America.

According to every official report available those numbers have only grown. And now police are not even allowed to arrest criminals, and criminals are permitted to stop police from leaving their station houses. Antifa and other international socialists and anarchist want to have even more of this and actively encourage as much social destruction as they can.

You could probably still make enough money to keep your doors open but I can't see why any decent human being would want to have anything to do with the place. I'll never go back to that septic tank.

• ?

6 blocks in a Covid lockdown, try again. In both Portland and Seattle. Like 1 one hundred thousandth of a city.

• Riley

The BLM protest was a long time ago with the Capital riots as well. Nobody gives a **** them anymore. They happened and they're over. Thats it, talk about something more relevant please. Nobody cares.

Would you nothing has changed in Portland. 

No.  Anyone who decides to open or rebuild a business in the downtown Portland or Seattle or Milwaukee area is an idiot.  I hope they end up with food deserts.

That's unknowable on a case by case basis. Here's what I have learned across the yrs.: ... where there's profit to be made, capitalism facilitates the addition. I don't care about a company packing up and going overseas because America is full of capitalistic entrepreneurs wringing their hands for a chance to fill the void even for a little less profit. Control covid and the economy grows. BLM? ... lol.

No.  They’ve already set up shop elsewhere.