Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

America isn't a democracy is it, the people have absolutely no say in the government, only the rich, corrupt and powerful have any say?

You have no say in America, everyone votes for corruption in fear of a different breed of corruption. No one considers that it might be better to vote third party because they're all afraid of the different breed of corruption infesting America because they didn't get enough votes.

I can fully agree Troi, people who were born into power don't deserve it. Power should be given to the meek, those who wouldn't be tempted to abuse it... we need less people voting and more people running. Gridlock is a good thing, and it's even better when there are hundreds of different ideologies preventing any one ideology from amassing too much power.

• troi
    Favorite Answer

reThat pretty much sums it up. I'll say it again, and as often as I get a chance, we need to elect folks like AOC.  

No, I don't mean 'democrat socialists'.  I mean 

a REAL American worker who can DIRECTLY relate to the struggles of other real working Americans.  The problem of wealthy white privledge is the reason 95% of us struggle.  We will always struggle as long as the folks at  the root of the problem are the same ones who have the power to do something about it.

Wrong. You could be active. Promote your opinion. Convince others. Get involved in government. Vote.

That is so profoundly ignorant that I feel sorry for you.  The government is run by the President, Representatives and Senators that the people elect.  To say that the people have to say is just not true.

• ?

It is true in Texas, but not everywhere.