Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 2 months ago

Can I sue gravity because I dropped my phone and smashed the screen?

Why is gravity so powerful and makes me hit the ground so hard when I fall over.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Humans evolved with a density and a surface-to-volume ratio that makes it easy for them to propel themselves by walking on two legs, and easy to reject some heat through perspiration.  Apparently the advantages of bipedal walking make up for the problem of "hitting the ground hard" if you fall.

• 2 months ago

You've obviously hit your head on the ground a few times.

• 2 months ago

The case would fail because you already admitted fault yourself.  YOU dropped the phone.  Any lawyer would have advised you to claim that "the phone fell due to the negligence of gravity".  This would have the benefit of demonstrating that you had nothing to do with the problem.

• 2 months ago

Sure. There must be one of those lawyers you see advertised on TV out there somewhere who will take your case. lol

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Gravity is a law unto itself.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

troll, go away

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I think you can sue gravity for banging your head on the ground as it seems to have damaged your brain.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.