Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 2 weeks ago

Would it be rude of me to wear a ski hat in someone's home?

• ?
    1 week ago

Yes.  Those with manners would never wear any type of a hat indoors.

• 1 week ago

No you would look really sexy

Probably not if their house was a chalet at a ski resort.

• ?

RUDE: offensive , impolite, or ill mannered 

for RUDE to apply it is  likely   DEPENDENT

on the perspective  of the HOME owner ( occupant )

aka SUBJECTIVE to the individual 

for example SOME people may find offense

with people who wear white shoes After labor day

,, other people  have little concern of OTHER  peoples  shoe  color .... attempting to IMPOSE such  standards on other is  peoples  psychological    OBSESSION  with CONTROLLING others  or  aspects of society  a form of AUTHORITARIANISM ..

. psychologist  relate it to  such peoples INSECURITIES  that controlling behaviors reduce their personal anxieties

HAT removal is suspected to  have its origin with Knights and helmets .in front of the KING . so the  person could be identified and made them vulnerable  perhaps a hold over a person is the KING of their HOUSE  "RITUAL "  not about RESPECT ( admiration elicited by their abilities or achievements  ) but  conditioning and controlling  peoples behaviors

in CHRISTIANITY  the MALE is expected to remove a hat  entering the church  BUT a double standard  a FEMALE is expected to retain a head covering  its all about PEOPLE wanting to control or influence the behaviors of others more PROBING  is why people have been CONDITIONED  to view a head covering on a  person  acceptable out side but not inside  and then the  inconsistency  women  in the same culture  can wear a hat in or out doors

investigate  the origin of the custom and the motive  of imposing

it its similar to asking why have people been CONDITIONED

to say god bless you when another person sneezes...

.answer cause  GREGORY the GREAT  " SAID SO "  ( person in authority his position in society  )  One symptom of the  PLAQUE was cough and sneezing  Gregory declare  GOD BLESS you  a " prayer"  INCANTATION  WORD POWERS  would PROTECT people from death ... DUH that was not effective 25 MILLION people DIED  1/3 of the continents population  from the plaque that was 604 AD   1,417 years ago ... and still conditioned  to do a behavior GREGORY is  known for INSTIGATING the first recorded large scale  mission to CONVERT pagan Anglo Saxons to Christianity most likely further SPREADING  the BLACK DEATH plague

• ALBERT

Not necessarily. It might just seem a bit strange.It shows respect when you take yout hat off I believe. I always bevel in taking off whatever one has on one's head when in a home unless it is really cold with no heater for example.

• Rita

In Western culture, it has always been considered rude or disrespectful for a man to wear a hat inside a building, including a church building. Even a generation ago, when men commonly wore hats, the headgear was removed indoors, or even outdoors in the presence of a woman.

Hats and general head coverings are regarded as outdoor wear, so take it off when entering a house.  To keep ion inside a house is considered to be highly ignorant, and very stupid.

• kelvin

it would be rude in my house

• kristy

Not if it’s cold in their home

I'm from the UK where it is considered extremely disrespectful to wear a hat of any kind in someone's house. You are expected to take it off at the door. Anyone from the UK who doesn't know this is a moron and probably from the TikTok generation.

If you're in the USA (or anywhere else), I have no idea. I feel like hats are more of an accessory in places like the USA, like sunglasses. But then again, I always look at people wearing sunglasses indoors and to me they look like morons.

If in doubt, ask your host "hey, should I take my hat off?" when entering. They will tell you yes or no, same as with shoes or anything else.