Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareOther - Hardware · 2 months ago

Why is the RTX 3090 so damn good!?

I just got mine today and after installing it I could tell straight away how clear and crispy my display is! Windows looks so much sharper on the eyes and crystal clear. I played Cyberpunk 2077 in 4k earlier and OMFG its better than my eyes it self! The reflections and lighting is to die for serisouly!!! Like WHY and HOW is this graphics card so damn good?? I thought it would be good but srs it is just overkill! Tbf I upgraded from a 1660 ti.

The RTX series uses "ray tracing" to produce images. That can create photo-realistic renderings of scenes.

It is an extremely complex system that has been around for probably 30 or more years, but with computing power available when it first appeared it could take hours to produce one single high resolution image.

Things have changed a bit since then and the processing power of the latest high-end GPUs is millions or even billions of times higher than a CPU 30 years ago.

That's cool.....

I got a 3090 about 5 weeks ago and it died 2 days ago. Thank God it's an EVGA card. EVGA approved the RMA in about a day and I sent it to Brea, Ca this morning. 

Hopefully yours won't die like mine did.

Annnd, BTW.... I have the EVGA 1600 T2 power supply which is one of the best Power Supply Units around. So, it wasn't the Power Supply that killed it. Right now there are a lot of people out there that have had their RTX 3090 die anywhere from 2 days to 2 months of use.

Sadly the RTX 3090 is only 10% faster than the RTX 3080. So you're paying double the price for more VRAM and a slightly faster GPU Core. I knew that going in but I really need more VRAM.

Because the 3090 is probably the best gpu available right now. Its stupidly overpriced and not worth it for most people but if you have the money and are willing to pay for it I'm glad it hits the spot for you.

Glad you didn't post a "look what I got and look how good it is and here's what is good about it" non question but boast. People like that really have small penises.