Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareOther - Hardware · 2 months ago

I can't believe Acer computer corporation is lying to me?

They said my warranty cannot be processed for repairs, after sending my computer to their repair center. They said there is Customer Induced Damages. I wanted to swap my power supply but it didn't work, they said HDD Damaged along with Chasis, they are lying. What can I do they want $200 dollars to repair. 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Have them send it back and take it to some independent repair shop.

• 2 months ago

YOU made an unauthorized repair, which invalidates the warranty.  Sorry, buddy, they are not going to warrant something you broke. 

• 2 months ago

it is unlikely they are lying.  they may have detected damage caused by static electricity discharge -- happens if you open the case while not grounded and touch anything.  you get to pay the 200

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I guess they saw something when they opened your PC.

So,you have 2 options:

1.try to prove them they are wrong

2,send them $200.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Opening the computer, breaking the seals in the process, voids warranty. What more if there is physical evidence like a damaged CPU case and a scratched hard disk? They know. You can't fool them and you admittedly mentioned about attempting to swap PSUs. Acer may be known for poor service but in this case, it's all you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.