Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareOther - Hardware · 2 months ago

I can't believe Acer computer corporation is lying to me?

They said my warranty cannot be processed for repairs, after sending my computer to their repair center. They said there is Customer Induced Damages. I wanted to swap my power supply but it didn't work, they said HDD Damaged along with Chasis, they are lying. What can I do they want $200 dollars to repair. 

Have them send it back and take it to some independent repair shop.

YOU made an unauthorized repair, which invalidates the warranty.  Sorry, buddy, they are not going to warrant something you broke. 

it is unlikely they are lying.  they may have detected damage caused by static electricity discharge -- happens if you open the case while not grounded and touch anything.  you get to pay the 200

• ?

I guess they saw something when they opened your PC.

So,you have 2 options:

1.try to prove them they are wrong

2,send them $200.

• keerok

Opening the computer, breaking the seals in the process, voids warranty. What more if there is physical evidence like a damaged CPU case and a scratched hard disk? They know. You can't fool them and you admittedly mentioned about attempting to swap PSUs. Acer may be known for poor service but in this case, it's all you.