Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStudying Abroad · 2 months ago

It's impossible to move out of the US without a degree right?

7 Answers

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    There are many different ways to live outside of the US, but having a university degree definitely opens up a greater number of opportunities. 

    Marrying a citizen of another country would likely enable you to live and work in that country, though different countries have different procedures for processing foreign nationals on spousal visas. Obviously a degree would be beneficial anywhere, but unless you were to gain proficiency with the local language, it's unlikely you'd be qualified to do anything besides menial jobs. 

    Working for a company that has offices in other countries might be an opportunity to live and work elsewhere on an employment visa, but no company would send an uneducated and inexperienced person overseas, so that's not going to happen. 

    Many people from developing countries take jobs in wealthier countries doing less desirable jobs that the locals don't want to do - Filipinas living in Saudi Arabia or Singapore work as housekeepers or nannies, people from Uzbekistan work as farm laborers in South Korea... But those people work 12 or 16 hours a day, 6 days a week for a pittance. And most send every red cent they make home. 

    It's 2021. Get a diploma. Life is hard without one. 

  • 2 weeks ago

    Why do you suppose the outside world doesn't want average Americans?

    (don't think too hard about this).

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    No, it's not impossible.  Skilled workmen -- electricians, plumbers, cabinetmakers etc. -- are also accepted in other countries. 

  • drip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    You could married a foreigner and live in their country.  

    A family member can sponsor you. You could work in a company that has locations in other countries, get transferred.Some jobs will get you there temporarily. Like working a seasonal job, or as an Au Pair. Countries have different immigration policies.  

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

    not at all.  if you're rich anyway -- it's fairly easy.  and there are plenty of second and third world countries that welcome anyone with skills -- whether those are college based or not

  • 2 months ago

    Pretty much, unless you have specialist high-level experience in specific areas, or you marry someone to sponsor your visa

  • ?
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

    No, that's wrong......................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.