How do I find a news story that featured my elementary school from 1997? ?

In 1997 or 1998 my elementary school was featured in a TV news story. I am trying to find the feature so I can watch it but I don't remember the name of the news station nor what the story covered, what I do remember is that my principal at the time was being interviewed in the story but I can't remember his name. 

fake news

you were home schooled

This is hardly a current event, but why not write to the school?  They may have information or even a recording. 

Schools used to keep a log (like a diary) of the notable events of the day. I managed to find out something similar about mine from the 1960s. Just ask the school; It could even be a useful project for the students.

• Elaine

When you contacted your elementary school what information were you given? 

• Dv8s

If you remember the name of your elementary school, and the city the school is in, you should be able to track down the news stations there and at least narrow it down to those stations.  Then send an email to each station asking if they did a story on your school.  Or better call your old school and ask them, someone there is bound to know the principal's name during those years.

I would have thought you would be able to find a news archive, but that rather depends which country you are in, and whether anyone would decide the footage was worth keeping.

The phrase 'you're out of luck' sums it up.