Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How do I find a news story that featured my elementary school from 1997? ?

In 1997 or 1998 my elementary school was featured in a TV news story. I am trying to find the feature so I can watch it but I don't remember the name of the news station nor what the story covered, what I do remember is that my principal at the time was being interviewed in the story but I can't remember his name. 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

fake news

you were home schooled

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

This is hardly a current event, but why not write to the school?  They may have information or even a recording. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Schools used to keep a log (like a diary) of the notable events of the day. I managed to find out something similar about mine from the 1960s. Just ask the school; It could even be a useful project for the students.

• Elaine
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

When you contacted your elementary school what information were you given? 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Dv8s
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If you remember the name of your elementary school, and the city the school is in, you should be able to track down the news stations there and at least narrow it down to those stations.  Then send an email to each station asking if they did a story on your school.  Or better call your old school and ask them, someone there is bound to know the principal's name during those years.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I would have thought you would be able to find a news archive, but that rather depends which country you are in, and whether anyone would decide the footage was worth keeping.

• 2 months ago

The phrase 'you're out of luck' sums it up.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.