Iwanda asked in PetsOther - Pets · 2 months ago

I have a squirrel bladder, please help!?

I drink about 2 gallons of water each day because it's good for you but I can't hold my pee for longer than 20 minutes! Do I have a squirrel bladder or something? I would like to have an elephant bladder but how do I make it bigger? Thanks.

Why not ask this question on one of the Health sections?    I've not heard that term but I'd imagine most people drinking that amount of water each day, would have more need to pass water/urine than others who perhaps don't.   You may have a weak bladder, but that's for your vet - sorry, GP.

PS    I was told to drink more water than usual after receiving a Covid-vaccination, to help ease side effects.

You haven't been drinking that much water for very long, have you?  Your bladder will adjust  as you keep doing this.  

Another possibility is you have a little prolapse of the bladder - does it feel like the bladder is being pushed out a little?  There are exercises you can do to help that.  

• jean

some say drink when you are thirsty, others say drink a litre a day. As long as you drink SOME water everyday. Obviously if your drinking too much you will be weeing too much.

• *****

That is about double the recommended daily water intake for a man, and nearly three times the recommended water intake for a woman. 

If you feel you have a bladder control issue, consult with a urologist who can evaluate you for abnormalities and suggest treatment if needed. But they're likely to advise reducing your fluid intake as well.