Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why do women need to shave their vaginas is it for hygiene I hate it?

36 Answers

Relevance
  • L
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Women, who do this, are IDIOTS!  Pubic hair is there for a reason and should NEVER be shaved.  

• 2 months ago

Given that your vagina is inside you and has no hairs - you will never "need" to shave it. However, if you believe that the word "vagina" refers to the vulval area, then I have no idea except that they think it's sexy.

Probably they don't shave though, but rather have electrolysis. A shaved pubic area can become intensely itchy as the hairs grow back - not a sexy thing at all.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Just keep it clean and groomed. Loose and smelly hairs can be disgusting. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They don't need to most do it for the Bikini Line

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • garry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

sme shave and some dont , there own choice .

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

no one says they have too

• 2 months ago

There is no NEED to do this, it is purely a personal preference.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Shaving the genitals is an entirely personal preference.  Some people (women and men alike) shave, some trim, and some leave it untouched.  If you don't like shaving it then don't shave it.  You can try trimming, but if you don't even like that then leave it alone.  As long as you keep the area washed, hygiene won't be an issue.  Years ago I left the natural growth alone, and then I tried trimming it short and like that a lot, and then after a few years of that I tried shaving it smooth and really loved it that way, so I've been a smoothie ever since.  It's a subjective personal preference with no right or wrong choice, so basically, you do you.

• 2 months ago

they don't.. woman do not shave their *LOL* vagina!!.. and i blame the education system for not teaching you and the person who thumbed down Master-Shake's answer, some basic female anatomy.. the vagina is deep inside their reproductive system where there is no hair to shave nor remove..

some women shave the 'Pubic Hair' over the groin area, the same reason why men shave their pubic hair over the groin area.. the pubic hair tends to collect heat and sweat that produces uneasy feeling all day; and this practice is more common in warm climates (like in our tropical climate).. and it is a tad more hygienic but really depends on the person's preference..

• 2 months ago

They don't need to shave.  Shaving there is a recent fad.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.