Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 2 months ago

I have an ingrown toe nail and I have no clue how to fix it at this point. Suggestions?

Ive had it on both of my big toes for a while now and ive been trying to soak my foot in salt water each day to try and fix it. Afterward when the nails grow out to the point where i can cut it I do. But they just keep growing back longer and more painful. What should I do?

Favorite Answer

Since you're not able to control this yourself, see a podiatrist. You need to learn how to cut and file your nails properly so this doesn't happen.. You are apparently cutting them too short and rounding the corners.  They should be cut not too short and filed straight across.

A podiatrist can deal with the ingrown nails and instruct you in proper nail care.

Don't use regular salt water. Try Epsom salts. They at least relieve the pain for a bit. Then gently pull the nail away from the skin while it's soft and apply pain-relieving antibiotic ointment underneath it.

And see that podiatrist.

Don't keep trying to do this yourself. Find a good podiatrist and make an appointment.

• kelvin

ask a good esthetician

See a podiatrist.  They can cut nails and pull part of the root to keep from growing crooked.