Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomOther - United Kingdom · 2 months ago

Why is it that people are being told to travel across the country to get vaccinated ?

I have a friend where he told me that he traveled to Huddersfield just to get the Covid 19 vaccine and he lives over 20 miles away in the other side of Yorkshire 

Some Vaccines must be kept at Low Temperatures so they chose a central point

I Go to my Local markets a couple of times a year that is 60 k away

• Tavy

That is not across country. I live in Cornwall and we had to travel 20 miles to the nearest hub.

The Phyzer vaccine is kept in freezers, not in the local Doctors fridge.

20 miles is not “across the country.”

• ?

The supply of the vaccine is uneven. I live in a city, where they are still only vaccinating the first tier. But surrounding counties that are less densely populated seem to have vaccine left over and have offered shot to k-12 teachers, for example, and others who can travel there.