Do they sell portable heaters that don't require electricity ?

Favorite Answer

Yes.  That would be called a fire pit or a propane heater.   You can't use them indoors.

• Rita

The most common alternatives to portable electric heaters are gas and kerosene heaters. Gas heaters can be powered by either natural gas or propane. ... When you purchase a propane heater, the unit will include a hose attachment and regulator.

• ?

hope so , they still sell the old kerosene heaters . or fire wood heaters !!!!

yes they sell......

The last sentence of your Favorite Answer is 100% DEAD WRONG.

They run on propane but those should be used outdoors.  They need ventilation.

• zipper

Yes! Some take propane, others Karosen, and some wood or corn: But they are out there if you LOOK!

• y

Why yes, you just strap on a propane tank and go to it. Only most come with a warning, to only use in a properly ventilated area. Different states have different laws regarding the the vent-less gas and propane heaters. Oh, I forgot the kerosene ones(saw it in another answer). I researched them along with others years ago. Can't use them legally in my state, something about the fumes they release while burning. I settled on a generator that can run my whole house.

• Sumi

Yes, there are heaters that run on propane.  Their fairly popular among house painters who use them to heat the home so that the paint dries faster.  I'm not sure if such a product is safe to use because of the fumes that burning propane produce.  It's probably CO2 which can be fatal if the concentration is too high.  Like I said, painters use them but only in situations where the house is unoccupied.

Why is this question in the Photography section?

😄

Burn a metal trash can full of your shredder documents.