Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 2 months ago

When EMP takes out electricity, how many people will die without the AC during the summer?

Update:

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Most likely the same amount of people who died before air conditioners were available to the average person, years ago no one had insulation in their houses either, most had wooden floors with a mat in the middle, wall to wall carpet was a luxury most couldn't afford, houses are much hotter like that and colder in the winter, and i'm not going back too far as that was what life was like when i was a kid,  we in Australia slept outside in the back yard when it was too hot in the house, we also had a tin roof.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Same number that died before there was AC

• 2 months ago

That would depend on many factors such as what caused the EMT, what area did it effect, how hot was it in that area, and how long it lasted?

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Human beings can more easily adapt to heat then they can to cold. But seniors cannot adapt to either as well as the young. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not me, I can handle the heat

But the thing is those companies were warn about the storm coming and they should have been better prepared.

And if you mean Texas their electricity is run by their windmills

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Any scenario that involves widespread EMP strong enough to fry electrical distribution grid control circuits will involve widespread nuclear detonations as the source of the EMP.  In any such scenario, we'll have far worse problems than a few folks unable to cope with hot days.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No idea, but you could look it up, heatwaves happen every year at some point, There are always deaths becouse of it. So you can figure out the amount of people without AC and the numbers that die due to heat.  Both numbers are out there.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.