Back in the old country, if a woman rejects a marriage proposal, the man will sometimes throw acid on her. Does this ever happen in the US?

City Hunter hit it spot-on. The country is Pakistan, and the crime is so common that the sale of acid is heavily restricted, requiring the purchaser's National Identity Card, which contains the person's digital thumbprint and is RFID-enabled. In fact, just from the person's digital thumbprint in the national database, the police can see his entire family tree in real time!  

Favorite Answer

I don't think so in general here in the new liberal country men don't want to get married because the divorce laws are so ridiculously in favor of women no man wants to be trapped in that hell, then divorce raped.  In US women have been completely empowered at the expense of men making us men sub citizens.  If that's your journey I am sure you can find women in the new world willing to marry you, divorce you and use the courts to take take all your stuff.

Dont harm women here or you will be in big trouble, no matter how much she physically abuses you regardless of what weapons she attacks you with just defend yourself without hurting her, she will lie and say you hurt her but if she has no injuries, marks, cuts or bruises you should be okay you will only have to spend a few days in jail. You arent even allowed to yell back at a woman if she yells at you this is considered emotional abuse. Additionally I always have a woman send me a text or email that she agrees to have sex with me before I will do the deed. this could keep you out of the slammer when she 'me toos' your a$$ and starts making stuff up to get you arrested.  Welcome to America.

• ?

it mainly happens in islamic communities. 

• ?

I have not witnessed this....but good to know for the future.

• ?

There was allegedly a race based acid attack in Milwaukee, Wisconsin back in 2019 but no, this isn't something that regularly happens to women. TBH when men here lose it over a woman rejecting them they're far more likely to grab a gun to vent their rage with. 

What a horrible and barbaric practice..

• ?

Not here, where its a crime punishable by imprisonment. What a country you come from!  

This happens very rarely in the US, and it's extremely against the law.  Throwing acid on someone is a violent crime anywhere in the civilized world.

I'm sure it has happened in the USA, because that country has more than its fair share of violent psychopaths, but it's not a common practice for declined marriage proposals.  That practice is almost strictly limited to fundamentalist Islamic societies, where violence against women is evidently a part of their culture.

The OLD country?  This is more than old.  Antiquated maybe? Primordal undeveloped backwards prehistorical society might be more truthful.  Even the USA is more advanced than this no matter how backwards it is socially.

I think there are a few men in prison who've done that. 

People don't usually throw acid on each other, no. Sometimes men can be abusive and maybe stalk the woman and try to hurt her in other ways. We have issues with gun violence or beatings more than acid. 

On average, nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States. During one year, this is more than 10 million women and men. Source: https://ncadv.org/STATISTICS

But a lot of the violence happens during relationships, during marriages, or while living together. It's not usually triggered by a rejected marriage proposal. People in the US don't generally propose to each other unless they are already sure the answer is "yes."