Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How do some actually see ghosts?

So I recently heard an account 

of a man’s dog who had died. The dog loved to rest at his feet while alive.

And he’d had guests over for dinner remarking on his dog resting at his feet, and that came as a shock to the man cause he saw nothing!

And this happened on a few separate occasions with different friends.

The story wasn’t told to me personally, and it does seem true, as I’ve heard similar instances.

This question is not about if you believe, or not anyway.

There’s a ghost I desperately want to see. 

• Dubbs

Think of it like radio waves. A radio tower takes the music, scrambles the sound into different wavelengths and blasts it over the airwaves,  where it is picked up by a radio receiver and transferred back into the original sound.

There are multiple different stations one can listen to if they tune the frequency. You're not going to hear Classical on a Soft Rock station, but if you tune the dial, you'll hear something different. Well consider this for sight instead of sound.

Some people are more sensitive then others and their brains can read higher frequencies levels then others. These people we call psychic sensitives.

Ghosts exist on an energetic level and some people's brains can "read" into that level... and sometimes it's only for a moment.

There is no special ability required to see ghosts.  Anyone who claims to have such a special ability should not be trusted.  And if they offer to use their special ability for you in exchange for a modest fee, they should be very not-trusted.

And just so you know, everyone has recently heard an account.  Not told to them personally, but it seemed true and they've heard similar.  I believe in ghosts myself, but I don't believe 99.9% of the stories I've read and heard.  Whatever ghosts are, credible (at least plausible) encounters with them are extremely rare.

I also believe (because it's true) that there is currently zero scientific evidence supporting the idea that ghosts even exist.  That said, less than two centuries ago DNA didn't exist either.  Just over 4 centuries ago, bacteria didn't exist.  Next week, next year or next century, something that doesn't exist today might have a solid scientific explanation behind it.

• Mr. P

I see them as superimposed on what I see. I believe most people see them this way as it is an interaction with the human senses rather than a physical interaction with light.

This is why it is nearly impossible to photograph, but those that see them can recall intricate detail. 

It could all be written off as imagination or hallucination - if it wasn't for the facts that back up such sightings as being correct, and revealing an unknown history that is later proved to be correct.

I myself have seen a man with curly black hair killed in a basement of a shop when the black timbers of the roof collapsed on him. This snapshot was recorded...somehow, for me to see, and upon research it is found to be 100% correct, that a man with black curly hair was killed in that basement when the roof collapsed on him some time after a fire in the property - which would mean the roof timbers were black at the time. 

I do not know the mechanism, but I keep finding the proof.

HE HAD AN DOG HE NO LONGER REMEMBERS?

• ?

When I was I kid, like 5 years old. I saw a ghost. It was as real as seeing a human being alive so I just know that such things exist. This is not the result of a strong imagination but a fact.I did not do anything on my part to be able to have that experience and it just happened. I do not know why but it happened. There is your answer. i could not deny that even if my life depended on it. What is true is true.

• Tom

When others do not?---In those cases Hallucinations, or illusions, etc.  In the case of multiple witnesses, some actual natural phenomena we cannot identify, and attribute it to being a "Ghost"----Some real "Unknown" phenomena exists too, but no evidence it is a "real ghost, as in "spirit of the dead".---An example would be encountering an actual "Einstein-Rosen Bridge", a rare intersection of 2 TIMES or places.---A person happens to be on the other side of it, they would be observed by the witness for a short duration of the event.----That the "ghosts" have clothing" suggests this is a real person in a different time we are seeing rather than some "etherical being" with no basis in Physics.

But they would LOOK LIKE what we call a "ghost" and we would call them that.----

Some people are simply more sensitive to paranormal. Just like a transistor radio may be able to pick up many stations that another radio can not. There is no law that states that you can be sensitive to an exact volume of sound or any other sense. 20Hz to 20kHz is classed as the normal hearing range just as there will be a normal range for leg length.  You get what you get and some people hear outside of that range, either higher or lower. Imagine you open a can of beans then throw away the lid. Now, you put cling film over the opening and put an elastic band around the can. If you now talk to it, you may feel a response from the film in the form of a vibration. Do it with another can and you may have to shout louder if the film is a little slacker. Same with us. It depends on how tight or slacks the eardrum is as to what sound we hear. With some people, what we refer to as a sixth sense is a lot stronger but with others, not so much. 

As for your dog story, when I was a kid, my dog would not wear a collar and would simply go out and roam when and where he liked. He would turn up at all my relations homes where he would lounge in front of the fire, then after a biscuit, and some water, he would be off again. Eventually, we lost him due to old age. I could be sitting at home all day but if it was a wet day, I would get that wet dog smell suddenly waft across the room. It would be stronger near the fire. It would stay there a good hour or so then as quickly as it came, it was gone. This was a common occurrence. Strange enough, I have never experienced this in the house I now have. My dog's place was in front of the fire just as this guys dogs place was by his feet. Poor little Gary still has no idea that there are libraries full of evidence? Now that IS slow. Gary, do you mean like when you travelled Australia on your dole money and visited fairs to see if tarot card readers were fake? Not as fake as you sunshine. 

EDIT! "it fits your agenda to believe in this kind of nonsense" In England, we say "and bigger fools look on" Over a decade of coming here to listen to this nonsense Sol? You are slower than I thought. At the same time, you HALF watch aliens and mindreading films on youtube, the site you call rubbish if anyone mentions it??? Idiot. Gary, at the same time, it is important to realise that every library in the world is brimming over with evidence you silly child. Behave!

EDIT! No Gary, I know fine damn well what evidence is. I am often in court with evidence as it is my job. Evidence is "anything" presented in support of an assertion. I don't think you understood me, I didn't mean like when you went to fairs all over Australia to prove tarot false (and failed) I meant you should "actually" go to a library. If you do and there are pics of a cow jumping over the moon on a book, That is not the science section but a section more suited to you. You should look for the paranormal section, my fault for not being explicit and expecting you to find that section on your own. Pity you have sh!t for brains Gary, as I shouldn't have to explain what evidence is to an adult (for want of a word.) " Evidence" As I have told you in the past, check what words mean before you make a fool of yourself, words like gullible. Remember that one? Silly little sod. If I am so wrong little fella, please explain to us what "evidence" is, there's a good kid. This should be fun.

EDIT. To start with, if you are making a claim about a ghost, then you are the claimant and the ghost is the defendant. It is you who has to produce evidence that the ghost is the guilty party. All you have to do now is visit a library where "you" (not me) say there is plenty of evidence that the ghost hit you with a stick or stole your car or whatever, and you will possibly win your case. You can not be aquitted because the charge is against the defendant. However, if you have no evidence to prove that it was the ghost's fault, then you as the claimant will have to pay all court costs and expenses. If you get an abundance of evidence from a library that ghosts exist but nothing about the ghosts alleged crime, then you will lose your case. I at no point mentioned that you would find evidence of a ghost that wronged you, I simply said there was an abundance of evidence on their existence.

As for talking science, have you changed the name of this section to suit your argument again? Evidence is anything presented in support of an assertion. Witness testimony is evidence. The moral of the story is, don't take a ghost to court, as the claimant has to prove the ghosts offence. Evidence of a Yeti's existence is not evidenced that it wronged you. So as I said, there is an abundance of evidence in any library. However, if you are dealing with an idiot who refuses that evidence and even refuses to believe this is the paranormal section when it suits him, then that person is simply acting like a child, hoping to win an argument by stamping his feet.I believe, your silly question has been answered, stupid boy.

One last thing Gary, you did not go to the library to look for evidence of ghosts or if you did, you said NO, I'm not looking in the correct section, I'm going to the science section. In that case, you got the same results as in the knitting section. "I am not prone to fantasy" Remember that one? Unfortunately, your trip to the library must be put in the fantasy section along with your tarot trip around Australia. Stupid boy.

• 👻

I don’t have an “agenda”, I know for a fact spirits communicate with us daily. I’m simply wanting to know how some see them, and others don’t.

Once again, if you feel it’s all “nonsense” go to another forum topic, simple. :)

• It might seem true to you, but that is because it fits your agenda to believe in this kind of nonsense, to me it seems like a made up story.

There's no point asking how people see ghosts until there is good evidence that they can, or even that they exist in the first place. .

How do you know that the person who told you this story wasn't exaggerating it or embellishing it a bit?