Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionDrama · 2 months ago

Why does everyone want to believe that the mask is the new normal?

Don’t u miss being able to breathe? 

Your not being forced to wear a mask but because ur television set tells u to we must all obey the television set!!!

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

you  can breathe in a mask, if not. the doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals in the hospitals, private clinics, and elderly homes are prove. However yes wearing a mask is uncomfortable. but you can still breath. Don't spread that lie. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Its called brainwashing!!!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

We don't believe that. We believe it's the right thing to do during the pandemic for the public welfare. 

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Only a selfish idiot would complain about having to wear a mask.  We're wearing them to protect others from getting the virus and dying.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It is the new normal for now...

Yes I would like to be able to breathe, but I'm not going to put people around me in jeopardy because I don't want to wear a mask, I suck it up like adults do.

• 2 months ago

We don't believe that. We believe it's the right thing to do during the pandemic for the public welfare. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Well they're recommending masks for covid at least until we get herd immunity, which won't be sometime until later this year.  Biden just recently said that there probably won't be enough vaccine for all Americans until mid summer.  So we're going to be with masks for a while just on covid. 

But they might be here to stay, at least voluntarily.  Masks have been common in parts of East Asia for a while.  I had always assumed that they were for pollution issues in the mega cities there.  But they're actually for combating the flu.  People in Japan and China have often worn masks during flu season to reduce transmission.  And it works.  The flu is a coronavirus too, just not as transmissable or deadly as the current coronavirus.  So masking helps reduce it.  This year, there's virtually no flu in the US.  In the winter of 2019-2020 there were 20,000 flu deaths in the US.  This year the number of flu hospitalizations are in the hundreds, and deaths are almost non existent.  The same measures we're taking to combat corona also combat the flu.  Now, social distancing probably isn't warranted with the flu.  It's one tenth as deadly as covid and is less transmisable.  The kind of covid measures we're seeing now would probably mean the cure is worse than the disease if we applied them to the flu.  But masking is easy and simple.  And some people will continue to do it.  Beyond the flu, covid is also going to be here to stay.  Our ability to contain it vanished when it became a pandemic.  It's going to be with us basically forever.  But vaccinations will mean that it's not disrupting society so much.  Outbreaks will be localized and lesser.  Still, masking during "covid season" may be advisable for some people.  (covid will probably eventually mutate into a less deadly form.  That's what happened with the Spanish flu.  In 1918-1920, the flu killed millions worldwide.  It's still with us today, but now is far less deadly.  Covid will probably mutate in a similar way too)

• 2 months ago

Wear your mask snowflake.  

It's a minor inconvenience to you that could save someone's life.  Maybe someone you love by preventing you from being a vector for the virus to reach a vulnerable person in your family.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

cause theyre afraid of what will happen if they dont wear one

• 2 months ago

It's called a global pandemic.  Jeez

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.