Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 2 months ago

how much faster will my motorbike go if I change the off-road tyres to road tyres?

when the top speed is 60mph

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Fred
    Lv 5
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

It may make it easier to corner more tightly and the lighter tire may provide greater road response than the heavy off-road tire.

I don't believe it will provide a 'take your hat off' change of road experience?

The road contact patch area may decrease and diminish road friction? You may experience a increase of speed change of 60mph into 60.5 mph... keep your hat on! 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

None.  It just make for a quieter smoother  ride when you are on pavement.

• If wheel tyre treads don't matter shall I use a square wheel ??

• adam
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

None. Thats not how its done son

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Zero MPH more speed

• fuzzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

if 60 mph is your top speed already why change anything?

If you can reach red line on the tacho in top gear but not exceed it tyre size & gearing are already optimum.

if you cant red line it in top, one two more teeth on back will help.

If it can be over revved in top then one or two teeth less on back sprocket

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Perhaps a couple of miles per hour faster because there's less drag, so don't waste your money. 

• CB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Not enough difference to make it worth while, changing sprockets, while cheaper, would require enough horsepower to push the vehicle faster (over come air and rolling resistance along the way). 

• 2 months ago

Off-road tyres should be faster maneuvering off-road. You see, that is why they are calle "off-road." Oddly enough, the top speed might be faster with the off-road tires because their knobs could make them larger diameter. Butcha don't say what limits the top speed: aerodynamics? rpm's? a speed limiter? Hmmm... betcha it ain't the tyres.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No faster. To increase top speed cheaply change the sprockets.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.