Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Why is John Hawley and Ted Cruz being canceled for objecting the electoral votes when Democrats did the same thing in 2000, 2004, and 2016?

Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Robert
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Democraps have selective memories.  If they didn't Ted Kennedy would have spent his later years in prison and not the senate after he killed Mary Jo Kopechne.  They forget anything damaging unless it damages a republican

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Those were obscure house members, the votes were reinstated and in some cases the reps fired.  Hawley and Cruz are senators trying to interfere with the electoral college.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You're an idiot. Your little mind is cherry picking what you want to see. If you looked at the whole of events you'd see that Hawley and Cruz should really be shot and pissed on.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I can't tell if Russian or just stupid.

If you can't tell the difference between 2000, 2004, 2016 to 2020 I can't help you.

• Mark
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Did they do it for 2 months based on 60 false claims, just searching for something to use, followed by refusing to accept the results from states and judges, or a single challenge based on a legitimate claim, and then accept the result?

You are delusional if you think that these are remotely the same thing.

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

They raised objections, not an army of insurrectionists. 

There is nothing wrong with going on record against voter suppression just because it is legal. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.