Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomLondon · 2 months ago

Got a job offer in a country I'm not allowed to go to?

I live in America and I just got a job offer working in London. There haven't been flights to London from my country in months. The job knows I currently live in America because they went over the package deal and said they would provide 6 month housing in the UK for me until I was able to purchase my own. I'm not really sure how to go about this. Am I just not allowed to accept the job then?  

Oh yes, you guys are right. There ARE flights, just not at MY airport, I have to travel five hours to the next airport to fly out.

• Tavy
    Favorite Answer

There ARE flights from the US they came into Heathrow today. You have to quarantine for 10 days in a hotel. Your new employer should know, and have you got a work visa?

There is limiting of international flights out of the US, there isn't "no" flights out of the US. I don't think there was ever a time during the pandemic when there were "no flights" between the countries.

There is currently 1 direct flight a day from LAX to Heathrow on British Airlines, but this isn't the only flight from the US nor the only airline flying.However, you really need to make sure the job is legit. Just like someone from England doesn't have the right to work in the USA without the appropriate visa, neither can an American work in England without the appropriate visa. If this was not reviewed with you, the job is a scam.

Before you get carried away - is this job eligible for a work visa? You'll need a work visa before you can enter the UK to work anyway, which will take a while. 

That aside - there are still flights from the US to the UK (not many, but they are going). You'd need to quarantine on arrival to the UK, assuming you had a visa and were able to book onto a flight.