Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 2 months ago

Is half an hour of studying beyond school enough?

+ 5 hours online (school)

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Hi

Personally, I don't think so.

And never get over-confident otherwise you'll take it easy during exam time and you may get bad grades.

I'm actually in year 8 right now and I study everyday for 2-3 hours after school because I've always believed in preparing in advance and I'm 3 yrs away from GCSE, but I want to make sure I know what I'm doing during the exams.

But its down to what you think personally, because different things work for different people.

But if you really want to grasp lots of knowledge and actually remember it, then I suggest you work for more than a half hour.

And I really suggest that you don't study for half an hour when there are no exams coming up, and then study like mad when its exam season.

Oh, and here's a tip: watch some YouTube videos about how to revise (eg. creating mind-maps - with different colored pens, because research shows that the brain holds information more when its bright and colorful, just don't go overboard).

You probably know some of this stuff that I've just said already.

But I really hope that this was helpful     :-)

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You have to study "as long as it takes" for you to throughly know or understand what you're working on.  It's subjective; different for different people.

• 2 months ago

That depends on you. It was enough for me, but generally not enough for most people. 

• 2 months ago

No- not in any universe or situation! Most high school students have at least 2 hours of homework every night. College students are expected to put in 3 hours a week of studying for every hour they are in class. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

That would all depend on what you are studying and whether or not a half hour is long enough for you to get a good understanding of what you are studying.

• 2 months ago

only if that results in your mastery of the material.  [in other words -- NO!  not even close]

• 2 months ago

It honestly depends on the person and the class. For things like math, studying terms and formulas until you understand what they are actually doing would be good. As for classes like History and Science where you have to remember specific events or discoveries you may need to study more unless you have a good memory. I personally do not study at all because I have a very good short term memory and usually a teacher-guided review is all you really need since that is what the quiz/test is really over. No wasted time pointlessly memorizing stuff that is not important.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The average is two hours 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.