Are pull on boots good for hiking in forest?

I'm going to be hiking in muddy and wet climate. In the past I have tried hiking boots but they get wet too quick when crossing stream or walking through dewy vegetation. So I thought maybe pull on work boots might work. Have any of you tried it before? When I say pull on boots I mean those Ariat pull on work boots(waterproof)

• James
    Favorite Answer

I have heard rubber pull on boots with neoprene socks to prevent blisters if you want to keep all the water out but I can't imagine that would be very comfortable for a very long hike. my waterproof salomon quest boots work great with their Gore Tex fabric to keep the water out. Obviously you can't go wading through puddles higher than the boots but I usually find by the end of a wet hike with only quick dips in puddles my socks are only starting to  Dampen. Getting pants that are water resistant to go over the boots helps a bunch too.