Asep
Asep asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 2 months ago

How often do you clean your makeup sponges and brushes?

I wash mine fairly regularly, I try to wash them at the very least, once a week.

I will also wash a brush before using it to apply a different color of makeup as well, because otherwise, it's possible to get traces of the old makeup in the new one. For example, if I had been using an eyeshadow brush to apply blue eyeshadow and I was then going to use it to apply pink eye shadow, I would wash it first so I wouldn't get traces of blue eyeshadow mixed in with the pink one.

After every use.

I have a spray for cleaning my make-up brushes which I use when I've finished applying my makeup.

And every couple of weeks for a more thorough clean I  wash them in the bathroom sink with some hot water, a bit of fairy liquid and a textured rubber mat.

• Blush

😳                 

I usually clean my makeup brushes every 3 days but it may take a week if not used frequently, like when I am home and didn't go anywhere. 

Whenever I remember to do so, usually after a week or two.

• Adele

Hi Asep,

Some experts suggest cleaning them a couple of times a month, while the American Academy of Dermatology recommends washing them every seven to 10 days is better. you just take a half bowl with lukewarm water and a squirt of shampoo, and gently swirl your brushes in the water. you can also swirl the brush with the palm of your hand, Use a cloth to wipe your brush clean.

• Rita

How often should you clean your makeup brushes? Most dermatologists will tell you to soak your tools, especially foundation and concealer brushes, once a week — minimum — to prevent product buildup. Because these brushes are used on your face, the cleaner they are the better, says legendary makeup artist Bobbi Brown.

1-2 times a week.

• ?

Once a week usually.