Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Asep
Lv 7
Asep asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 2 months ago

How often do you clean your makeup sponges and brushes?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

I wash mine fairly regularly, I try to wash them at the very least, once a week.

I will also wash a brush before using it to apply a different color of makeup as well, because otherwise, it's possible to get traces of the old makeup in the new one. For example, if I had been using an eyeshadow brush to apply blue eyeshadow and I was then going to use it to apply pink eye shadow, I would wash it first so I wouldn't get traces of blue eyeshadow mixed in with the pink one.

• 1 month ago

After every use.

I have a spray for cleaning my make-up brushes which I use when I've finished applying my makeup.

And every couple of weeks for a more thorough clean I  wash them in the bathroom sink with some hot water, a bit of fairy liquid and a textured rubber mat.

• Blush
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

😳                 

• 2 months ago

I usually clean my makeup brushes every 3 days but it may take a week if not used frequently, like when I am home and didn't go anywhere. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Whenever I remember to do so, usually after a week or two.

• Adele
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Hi Asep,

Some experts suggest cleaning them a couple of times a month, while the American Academy of Dermatology recommends washing them every seven to 10 days is better. you just take a half bowl with lukewarm water and a squirt of shampoo, and gently swirl your brushes in the water. you can also swirl the brush with the palm of your hand, Use a cloth to wipe your brush clean.

• Rita
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

How often should you clean your makeup brushes? Most dermatologists will tell you to soak your tools, especially foundation and concealer brushes, once a week — minimum — to prevent product buildup. Because these brushes are used on your face, the cleaner they are the better, says legendary makeup artist Bobbi Brown.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Whenever I remember to do so, usually after a week or two.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

1-2 times a week.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Once a week usually.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.