Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Sister interferes with my space?

I made the mistake of renting a back house from family. Now my sister is constantly knocking on my door and not giving me space. I can’t have a barbecue because I feel forced to invite them. What do I do? What is your opinion living with family?

Favorite Answer

Explain to your sister that you need your space. Don't answer the door when she knocks. Have a talk with your parents about it all. Explain how you would like to host BBQs without inviting your family. Make sure you host a BBQ and invite them on occasion.

You want to enjoy 'win, win' situations.

I moved away from my family when I was 18.  You want the "perks" of living with family, you get stuck with the bad side of things.