Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
Lv 6
? asked in Arts & HumanitiesGenealogy · 2 months ago

How to I identify my great great grandparents?

My great grandmother apparently has a code for her parents here, but I dont know how to get their info from that. 

Attachment image

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

THAT SSN # WAS USED TO VOTE AS DEMOCRAT IN SEVERAL STATES. LOL

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

They were found on Brewery Street till the mrs became a tea toddler and sunk the family fortune with prohibition

• L
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Most genealogy sites will only give you a sample of information........in order to see it all - you must pay a fee.

• Lisa A
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Start with the death certificates of your great-grandparents. Then you can try to find birth records for your great-grandparents. 

• 2 months ago

Work backwards from birth, death and marriage records of your grandparents and great grandparents.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

What you have shown is just part of someone elses online 'tree' and their reference numbers for the person or added random numbers as they have no clue and likely copied it from another tree online.

Research is done from real records, so birth certificate ( which you have to apply for and purchase, the batism record which is a parish record bother will show parents names

• 2 months ago

The best place to start is the department of vital records, where birth and death certificates are filed.  You can also search on the county clerk and recorder's website (if they have one) and deeds from the county they lived in to see who sold what to whom.  You can get good detailed info on the spelling of their names that way.  A birth certificate for your parents should show your grand parent's names and maybe where they were born, or where they lived.  Marriage certificates might also show who their parents were.  Also look for records in the family's bible.  They often kept records there of births and deaths and marriages.

• Kieth
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Familysearch.org can help you find your roots. It's the world's largest genealogy database, and it's free. Ask your oldest living relative about their grandparents, name, places of birth, birthdays, and start your search.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.