Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

how do you pick the right size accoustic guitar?

NO REALLY I want to start learning to play again. BUT I haven't played since BEFORE  I stopped growing. So  the guitar size I first used would be too small. BUT ALSO I have short arms. I OF COURSE don't get a guitar too big to fit around it so I can play it that would defeit the purpose wouldn't it? What I'm asking is where would I measure from AND should I add a couple of inches to the length of my arms just in case? or SHORTEN it for same reason?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Tony B
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Guitars don't come in sizes and you don't get measured up for one.

Unless you are a very young child (which seems unlikely) you want an ordinary standard-sized guitar.

I'd suggest that you don't go for a dreadnought shape (which many people find too bulky). Go to a store and try out some guitars within your budget and choose one that you find comfortable.

• Ivan
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Go to a music store where they have several guitars in stock and try them out for fit.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.