how do you pick the right size accoustic guitar?

NO REALLY I want to start learning to play again. BUT I haven't played since BEFORE  I stopped growing. So  the guitar size I first used would be too small. BUT ALSO I have short arms. I OF COURSE don't get a guitar too big to fit around it so I can play it that would defeit the purpose wouldn't it? What I'm asking is where would I measure from AND should I add a couple of inches to the length of my arms just in case? or SHORTEN it for same reason?

• Tony B

Guitars don't come in sizes and you don't get measured up for one.

Unless you are a very young child (which seems unlikely) you want an ordinary standard-sized guitar.

I'd suggest that you don't go for a dreadnought shape (which many people find too bulky). Go to a store and try out some guitars within your budget and choose one that you find comfortable.

• Ivan

Go to a music store where they have several guitars in stock and try them out for fit.