System suddenly shut off and doesn't recognize boot device?

I was just in a meeting and then suddenly my PC restarted. Upon restart, a screen popped up saying that it doesn't find any device to boot from. I look into BIOS, and it detects that my M.2 SSD is there with windows on it, and when I boot from it, it gives me an error message saying "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. Status 0xc000007b." I've just recently installed an extra set of RAM, but after taking those out, it didn't seem to make a difference. I've looked online saying I repair it through the command prompt, or try to use a bootable USB to repair windows, but none has worked so far. I've tried changing the location of the SSD to see if the port was bad but that didn't work either. My PC is about a year old, so I'm not sure if it's the hardware that has failed early on. Any help is appreciated.

Specs:

Ryzen 5 3600X

RX 5600XT

650W PSU

32GB 3200mhz RAM

2TB Seagate HDD

512GB M.2 SSD

Gigabyte B550M Auros Motherboard

• David
    Favorite Answer

It sounds as though the SSD has failed. Contact the manufacturer if it is still under warranty or take it to a local workshop if you don’t feel confident in testing the hardware yourself. 

Most techs would remove the SSD and test it in a working rig. Most SSD manufacturers provide a toolkit to determine the health of the SSD.