Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomLondon · 2 months ago

Whats it like from a Brit moving from London to say Paris,  without basic command of reading/writing/speaking in French ?

what are the major differences you'll notice besides the language when moving to Paris from London ?

I'm considering moving out there to meet my gf, shes French.   She can speak English better than I can speak French however and that is a hindrance in some ways.

Favorite Answer

It was pretty grisly even for someone who had a distinction in spoken French from university; the French (Parisians particularly) are not known for their warm welcome. You can learn the language on the hoof, but I would be surprised if you would get a visa that allowed you to live there. Should have sorted that out pre-Brexit.

Easy most people in France speak English if asked

Claim asylum, everyone is black

• Maxi

'Moving' to another country you need to learn the langauge of that country..and the French are not impressed by anyone who doesn't....... in so far as a UK citizen 'wanting' to migrate...a French 'gf' or not you need a visa and there are no 'gf' visas, no "I want to live there" visas....

• Tavy

The French won't speak English, they don't like us especially after Brexit.

You will need a visa now to go on holiday, there is no chance you can work there. Eating out is very expensive.