Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomLondon · 2 months ago

Whats it like from a Brit moving from London to say Paris,  without basic command of reading/writing/speaking in French ?

what are the major differences you'll notice besides the language when moving to Paris from London ?

Update:

I'm considering moving out there to meet my gf, shes French.   She can speak English better than I can speak French however and that is a hindrance in some ways.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It was pretty grisly even for someone who had a distinction in spoken French from university; the French (Parisians particularly) are not known for their warm welcome. You can learn the language on the hoof, but I would be surprised if you would get a visa that allowed you to live there. Should have sorted that out pre-Brexit.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Easy most people in France speak English if asked

• 2 months ago

Claim asylum, everyone is black

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

'Moving' to another country you need to learn the langauge of that country..and the French are not impressed by anyone who doesn't....... in so far as a UK citizen 'wanting' to migrate...a French 'gf' or not you need a visa and there are no 'gf' visas, no "I want to live there" visas....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The French won't speak English, they don't like us especially after Brexit.

You will need a visa now to go on holiday, there is no chance you can work there. Eating out is very expensive.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.