Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 2 months ago

Does having a more powerful graphics card help with loading image files without freezing up?

We do a lot of big scan jobs at my work using the latest Adobe suite and currently, we have a built computer with gtx 1050 ti, 3900x amd cpu, 16gb DDR4 ram, 500gb m.2 nvme ssd, 850 watts corsair powersupply, cooler master cpu fan, i forget the motherboard type (I think it's gigabyte), windows 10pro.  I thought about getting a 2070 or 2080 gpu but I'm not sure if it will help.  The windows explorer sometimes freezes up when renaming files (I'm not sure if it's because of the preview pane).  Also the left click on the mouse stopped working for the windows 10 start button.  I can still left click the programs to open just not the start button for some reason.  I posted a link to a similar problem someone also had, below is the link, and I've tried everything and nothing has been working.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/...

Favorite Answer

I'd have thought ram, cpu and hard drive could all play their part to in slowing thinks down