Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Why can't Christians admit a 2nd life is just wishful thinking? Why can't they be satisfied with the one life they have?

Favorite Answer

"Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years" (Revelation 20:6)

When Jesus "choses and ordains us" (John 15:16) by baptizing us with the Holy Ghost" (John 1:33; Acts 1:5) and we "receive (((POWER)))) [Acts 1:8] to become the sons of GOD" (John 1:12-13).

The day He "puts His Spirit inside of us and we shall live" (Ezekiel 37:12-14) as He "QUICKENS us back to life" (Ephesians 2:1) by His (((POWER))) that comes upon us (Acts 1:8) as we are "resurrected from our graves" (Ezekiel 37:12-14) from our "DEAD spirits" (Romans 5:12-14; I Corinthians 15:21-22) and we are "born again of the spirit" (John 3:5-7).

Afterwards we are "not in the flesh but in the Spirit if so be that the Spirit of God dwells in you.  Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ he is none of His" (Romans 8:9).

"Else what shall they do which are baptized for their DEAD spirits, if the DEAD rise not at all?  why are they then baptized for their DEAD spirits?" (I Corinthians 15:29).

"So also is the resurrection of your DEAD spirit.  It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption ["Being born again not of corruptible seed but incorruptible" I Peter 1:23].  It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory ["Like as Christ was raised up by the glory of the Father" Romans 6:4].  It is sown a natural body; it is raised a Spiritual body ["But ye are not in the flesh but in the Spirit; Romans 8;9] (I Corinthians 15:42-44).

Therefore "Whether it were I or they, that is what we preach and that is what you believed" (I Corinthians 15:11).

"If only we have hope in this life we are of all men most miserable" (I Corinthians 15:19).

Consequently, "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years" (Revelation 20:6)

Why can't CATERPILLARS admit a 2nd life is just wishful thinking?

A 2nd life is not a choice, it's inevitable. The choice you have is where you'll spend it.

• ?

I don't live as a Christian for my second life who knows what lies ahead after I die I live as a Christian because it benefits me here now today I'm a greedy man if something does mean no good the heck with it. But you know what I have found out that serving God and obeying Jesus Christ it keeps me safe from a lot of garbage.  I've tried atheism I played around with the occult and Satanism I've been a drug addict but I found peace with Jesus Christ forgiveness a nice quiet life we're all the aggravations that I had before in those other lifestyles they're gone!

I don't have to worry about the law chasing me no more I got my bills paid I've got a house I've got a car I got food to eat.  And I don't have to worry about some poisonous drug killing me.  Maybe the Bible is right I'll wake up in front of God and be in heaven.  But that's not why I'm a Christian I'm a greedy man if something doesn't benefit me in the here now and today I'm not doing it.

God and Jesus Christ benefit me here now and today and they benefit everybody around me by my behavior being acceptable and no longer cutting everybody's throat spiritually that's what Christianity is benefit here now and today

• ?

Romans 8:2 

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

says the wishful thinking atheist..

who said it stops at 2, there's probably more than 2

Source(s): reincarnation