Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

Why do people in Florida incorrectly use racial slurs?

I recently moved to south Florida and am staying in a big house with a bunch of college kids. For whatever reason they all call each other “gooks.” Nobody in that house is even remotely Asian. One day I dropped a plate on the ground and one of the guys laughed and said “you a ****.” I am white. Whats up with this? That’s like calling a black person a cracker. Im not offended I just think it’s a tad bit odd. 

Favorite Answer

I lived in South Florida for 3 years, and I've lived in various other places around the country and around the world, and I can tell you without hesitation that the inhabitants of Florida are, for the most part, the least intelligent and least sophisticated people I've ever seen. That might explain it.