Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

Why am I feeling this and what to do?

I am talking to a guy that I am interested in. I am excited and I can’t wait to hang out with him but I am a bit anxious. I can’t stop concerning myself with how it will end. Another habit I picked up is checking his last seen on WhatsApp. I feel sad when I see that his last seen is really late or really early and it wasn’t because he was chatting with me . I know this has to be unhealthy and I am trying to understand why I am addicted to doing this . 

• Foofa
    Favorite Answer

All of our human reactions to social media and digital messaging are informed by the dopamine hit we get when we like what we see and in some cases an enjoyment of the pain we feel when we see something we don't like. But people who have no friends, family or activities outside of chatting with one other person are generally not all that interesting. In fact a normal person would probably freak out if the guy they're talking to has zero other activity anywhere other than what he's doing with them. So accept that he's probably a well rounded person with other friends and other interests, that's what makes him worth getting to know. 

You sound like a very young teen, which is probably why you are focusing on something like this. Don't worry...it will soon pass and you'll find the next person to obsess about. Do you remember the social distancing and other recommendations for staying ALIVE during the pandemic?