Can someone help me understand the true temperament guitar?

Is the true temperament guitar basically designed as such to compensate for string gauge differences and ensure a more accurate equal temperament or what more might there be to it?

Has it been tested/calculated to ensure that this doesn't end up coincidentally making it so that some scales/keys get shifted in temperament, away from equal temperament (in relation to where they were before)?

Conventional guitars do not actually track "equal temperament" perfectly, some notes are a fraction off, especially on the first frets.

The simple way around that is to use a "compensated nut", which drastically reduces the overall errors without any other modifications to the guitar.

I have "Earvana" ones on a couple of mine:

I think you need to understand the nature of 'temperament'.