Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

007
007 asked in Arts & HumanitiesGenealogy · 3 months ago

How far in the past has your family traced your genealogy?

@ ConservativeChitChat, by any chance are directly related to Duchess of Kiev Olga of Pskov? She could possibly be your 31st great grandmother. We share the same ancestor. I haven't checked if the other 2 are in my line, when you posted. Also her husband is Igor of Kiev 

• L

On my father's side.............1608.  On my mother's side............the 1700's.

• Rico

22 generations back on my mothers side (the 13th century)

10 generations back on my fathers side, through his mother. 

I've traced my mother's family in Hungary back to about 1770. The records go back farther but are very difficult to read. A second cousin has traced my dad's side of the family back to the mid-1600s in Sweden. We've used original records in our research, not other people's family trees.

In a unbroken chain back to the late 1600s, but I can find the family in the parish going back to the 1490s. There are no earlier preserved records for that parish so I don't know anything before that.

• ?

The paternal side can be traced back to the First Crusade.

In a whole chain back to the last part of the 1600s, however I can discover the family in the ward returning to the 1490s. There could be no previous safeguarded records for that area so I know nothing before that

• garry

about 4 generations , it doesnt matter after that . traced mine back to 1860's , to a village of varnerberg in sweden , my great great grand father was a farmer . used the old swedish system , he was lars andersson , great grand pa , was alex larrson , then to hake it sound english he changed he sirnae to lawson , quite common for swedes to change the name from larsson to lawson .

I used Ancestry.com, and if they are to believed, on my father's side I am 27 generations down from Geoffrey Chaucer.  That would be over 600 years, since he died around 1400.  On my mother's side we have a link to some petty nobility in Austria (daughter of a Baron eloped to America with a commoner), and can be tracked back about 450 years.  This one at least seems verified, since I have cousins, second cousins, etc who know the story, and there is additional factual support

• ?

Only to the late 1800s. BTW anyone claiming to be related to Henry VIII or Julius Caesar, we all are. By the time you go back a few hundreds of years , you have more ancestors than there were people in the world.

🥴😊

I dunno.

My race and ancestral lands have been around or established for 3000 years. Before that, they were nomads from everywhere around the Pacific. 

Primarily, Southeast Asia and Peru.