Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 months ago

With the pandemic going on will we be barred this summer from having celebrations and family reunions?

Or with the vaccine here will we be able to start living again by June and July? 

Update:

William: my family wishes not to have anything and the governor of Virginia has banned gatherings over 10.    So some of it is simply my family other parts of it are the governor. I hear there’s a new even more deadly strain that’s coming in April and thus it will be worse than anything we’ve seen.  I never know when that’s media BS and when it’s true.  

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Things should be a lot better by this summer.  Even under pessimistic scenarios for vaccination rates, about half of all Americans will have been vaccinated by June and the resulting "herd immunity" should drop the infection rate to a much lower value.

Pandemics are exponential processes --- they either grow exponentially, or they decline exponentially.  Both are surprising.

• 3 months ago

If you are in the USA then the restrictions are already in the process of being lifted.  The democrats no longer need to use the virus to justify uncontrolled mass mail in ballots.  

If you are not in the USA then the global leftists are continuing to use the virus as an excuse to destroy the economies of the western democracies. 

• 3 months ago

Who's barring you?  We've been to many family get together's, graduations, Christmas, birthdays, etc.  We're all well.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.