Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How can I solve a shipping issue with a company that is refusing to pay for shipping costs?

I purchased a camcorder that has some manufacturer defects (it overheats).  When I contacted the company, they told me about a form that I have to fill out and to send it to the address on the form, but I will need to pay for the shipping.

Is there someone I can report this to so that I can have the company be responsible for the shipping charges?  

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

We don't know which country you're in so the legal situation is a complete unknown.  In the UK, consumer rights vary, depending on whether you bought something in a shop or online.  It's quite possible that the length of time between buying the camcorder and reporting it as faulty is an issue as well.  And who are "the company"?  Are they the people who sold you the camcorder, the people who manufactured it or both?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.