Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

Why does my friend keep copying me?

I didn't know i was going to switch schools until summer,   is the worst time to tell me because that means i wasn't able to get my friends numbers or even get their Roblox account  But luckily i have about 4-5 Roblox friends that are from school. First i was upset about switching schools but then I got exited because I could prank them that I am British. When i was in a new school i was shy and i ended up never doing the British accent thing in fact I didn't even talk This girl became my friend Ava.I always dress in sweaters and i would barely do things in PE and I would have this funny walk that my other two friends laughed at. Its called the bunny walk. Then I started to talk more .Then Ava started doing the bunny walk always wearing sweaters and always having her hair down! Then she would pretend she was SHY. She even started to talk quiet! Even to this day on zoom she does that shy talk and her smile is very small like mine!I cant say this is for sure but I think she is doing this cause one time in fourth grade while me and Ellie were just pretending to be cheerleaders on the side on the basketball court and then i started telling Ellie a story of my on a high bridge but then Diego stop the game and said ooh you said a bad word. But you could tell he was teasing I then said no i said bridge. He then smiled and said i know and turned around Ava was prob jealous because one time she told me that she liked Diego. But still i want this to stop. What do i do?

• OTTO
    Favorite Answer

I had a guy imitating me like that. Very annoying. Maybe flattering in the beginning (imitation is the sincerest form of flattery). If you really want to keep her as a friend, help her develop her own unique style. But...not sure if that will work. The guy who was imitating me had mild autism. That might apply.