Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

What do I do?

.So I recently broke up with my long distance relationship ex which personally I thought ended in a **** way . Basically I felt I was giving more effort and feeling in the relationship than he was and he didn't try to fix it or do anything more but he wants to keep talking like nothing happened.  He said he doesn't want to lose contact with me and expects to chat fun and games right away acting like.im not crying my eyes out.  I literally told him I was feeling destroyed. I dreamt of him last night and woke up feeling numb.  Is it petty if I also delete him everywhere

• Foofa

Unless you were meeting this individual in person regularly and this was going on for months your reaction is way over the top. You don't have to have to stay in touch with this person. Just don't let yourself get pulled in drama over something that was only really ever a kind of digital pen pal situation. This is to train yourself to have perspective. If you're going to fall apart over something like this you won't stand a chance when someday a real boyfriend breaks up with you IRL. 

Not "petty"...childish.  You are fundamentally saying, "If you won't play the game my way I'm going to take my ball and go home."

He's trying to remain friends.  You are denying a friendship.  Of all the things you will cherish the most as you grow older, friends and family are two of them.

you can try talking to him again and see if he gets it but if he doesnt then you might already know your answer its up to you to take it

and as for deleting him everywhere .. when you decide to leave for grreenr pastures then yes delete him everywhere or even the phone number the games and whatever else

• Murzy

You should not have any contact with him. Do not check his social media, no texts, emails, calls, etc. Ghost him and you bot will heal faster.

Deleting an ex everywhere right after a breakup isn't petty at all. People who have no contact with their ex's seem to get over breakups a little quicker than most. Probably because they have no contact, so they don't have to deal with talking to them every day. Try talking to him first about the breakup and ask to give you some space. If you really can't handle it, do what you have to do.