Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 weeks ago

Can you lose weight just by eating less?

Okay so I’m currently on my weight loss journey. I don’t weigh myself, but I started in august and I’ve already lost about 9 inches off my waist. I’ve done this with a calorie deficit and a lot of exercise, mostly cardio (I have an active job and I exercise on top of that). Unfortunately I’ve tested positive for covid so I can’t leave my house for the next 10 days. I’m going to do some at home workouts but I know they won’t burn nearly as many calories as a run/cycling would. I’m so annoyed as I’m feeling so motivated currently and I don’t want to lose any progress. So, my question is, if I eat 1000 calories or less a day and stayed in bed all day would I lose weight? Or do I need to do laps around my garden haha.

Oh, also I’m asymptomatic so I feel normal and up to exercising as much as I need to :)

• lala

YES you will loose weight 

ITS always this way that I lost weight 

• Petter

Yes, you can. If you eat 1 000 less calories everyday you should lose about 2 Ibs per week, given you are over weight. If you are underweight you will not lose anything.