Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 weeks ago

Is Instagram a playground for narcissists? ?

I do not know, I do not play on Instagram.

It seems like it is.

Also people who are lost in life.

They may want a political system.

Like the Democrats.

I think if someone is a narcissist and obsessed with their appearance and looking for constant confirmation of how good they think they look then they will probably have an instagram account. I also think that people who are not narcissists but are insecure can get sucked into an obsession with likes on instagram.

There have been many studies conducted on pleasure systems in the brain using various methods of neuro imagery (studies includes use of drugs, sex and food). Would be interesting to see the results of an obsessive instagrammer checking their likes on pictures. Potentially for some people they could get the same dopemine response as a chocolate obsessive having chocolate. 

To answer your question I have to say yes, I don't think everyone on there is a narcissist but I would think every narcissist obsessed with their looks that is of a certain age (growing up with it) who has access to a phone and wifi would probably be on it. Of course there are narcissists who don't care about their looks or are self conscious but pride the sound of their own voice and believe their opinions are above everyone else... they probably on twitter.

No it is HSA/FBI source of political information.  As are most all of social messaging.