POLLS: How to be confident in yourself when calling in sick to work?

One time I did not want to go to work cause I needed a day for my mental health. I just told them I had a sore back from shovelling the snow. They are like just take tylenol and come to work otherwise they will be short... they do a guilt trip and try to make me feel bad. Heck even my co workers get mad when I call in saying that I made them work harder since they were short cause of me not going

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

If you do it enough times the guilt goes away and you won't care. You don't have to give them a reason. F guilt. Co-workers too, tell them don't cry, you'll be back someday.

• 1 month ago

But you weren't sick.  You were just blowing off the job, your manager and your co workers. They should be upset.

• Marcus
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I would make a better excuse.

• Cathy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I always thought back to a time when I was sick and acted like I was. Tell them you have a fever, ache all over and can't get out of bed. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

🥴🙄😊

Know what you can and cant do. 

When you know, then youre confident. 

• angie
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

If you were dead from putting them first...they would move on like you never existed. The company would not close down. You do not OWE anyone an explanation for your private sick days. You do not have to give details, either they require a doctor's note or they don't. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Well you really didn't give a very good excuse.  If you're being told that, you're probably someone who calls off a lot.  

• You need to take care of you. You are entitled to sick leaves and even days off when you feel tired.It is the law.Dont let anyone exploit you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.