Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Is pizza Italian or American food?

44 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

It's Italian.

But.....

Spaghetti does not have its origin in Italy.  Marco Polo brought it back from China.

• adam
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

pizza was created in italy 

• 4 weeks ago

Italian. Americans modify it like chicago deep dish or ny style but true pizza making pizza in its original form is italian

• ALBERT
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

It originated apparently in Italy but it is quite popular now in the USA. I would not be surprised now when the amount of pizza eaten pen inhabitant in the USA is higher now than in Italy. Ant Italian pizza tastes quite a bit different in Italy than what they call here pizza. I guess the answer to your question is that nowadays it seems that pizza has almost become an international food.

Source(s): I went to Italy and tasted original pizzas!
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Pizza is Italian food in  modern era. It is a delicious fast food. 

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Italian.  But Italians only put cheese, tomato sauce, and MAYBE pepperoni they say "salami", as "pepperoni" refers to a hot pepper found IN salami on it, nothing like the "barbecued chicken and artichoke hearts" or "Canadian bacon and pineapple" on it like they do in North America and the UK.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Depends on what the toppings are. Nowhere in Italy will you find lettuce, pineapple or baked ziti on a pizza 

• Nicole
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i think italian food 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

🥴

It may have been invented in the US, but its Italian food. 

America was founded by the Italians. Naturally, American foods are partially Italian inspired.

• 1 month ago

Depends on how It's made. In the states it has become VERY Americanized.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.